social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kristen Ashley




Synopsis

Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde was taught by her parents that every breath was a treasure and to seek every adventure she could find. And she learns this lesson the hard way when they perish in a plane crash. But she never forgets and when she discovers there is a parallel universe where every person has a twin, she finds a witch who can send her there so she can have the adventure of a lifetime.

But upon arrival in the Winter Wonderland of Lunwyn, she realizes she’s been played by her twin and finds herself walking down the aisle to be wed to The Drakkar.

Thrown into inauspicious circumstances, with years of practice, Finnie bests the challenges and digs into her adventure. But as Frey Drakkar discovers the woman who is his new wife is not Princess Sjofn, a woman he dislikes but instead, his Finnie, a free-spirit with a thirst for venture just like him, without her knowledge he orders his new bride bound to his frozen world, everlasting.

But at the same time Frey plunges Finnie into a web of political intrigue that includes assassination plots, poison, magic, mystery and… dragons.




My Thoughts


So, Wildest Dreams is the first Kristen Ashley book that I have read. I admit, I'm a LOT late to jump on the KA train. When I started this book, deep down, I didn't intend to stick with it at the time. I had another book I began reading too, and I was reading a chapter at a time from each book. But, I decided to stick with Wildest Dreams, as I was in the mood for something out of the norm for me. 
Ho Boy.

Wildest Dreams totally blew my mind! It's set in an alternate realm where there's a twin for each of us. It has Witches, Elves, Dragons, Kings & Queens, castles, huge glorious ships, a totally HOT and amazing alpha male and Finnie.

Finnie is from our world and has an adventurous spirit. She lost her parents when she was younger, and has found a witch that is able to send her to the alternate realm to change places with her twin for a year. She wants nothing more than to see her mother and father again, and so after paying 1 million dollars, she is transported to the land of Lunwyn.

As soon as she gets there, she is thrust into a marriage she had no knowledge of or choice in. After all, she has to step in to the roll of the her from that realm. But marrying Frey Drakkar isn't all that bad. Although he acts like a neanderthal in the beginning, Finnie soon develops feelings towards him. Who wouldn't though? Besides being sexy as hell, we soon learn that even though he is demanding, he also feels very deeply for Finnie. They are such a great couple, and the chemistry between the two characters is tangible. 

Frey takes Finnie on adventures she could never dream of, but the ultimate adventure being saving her life. After all, she is the Princess of Lunwyn, and there are people that do not want her to birth a son to take the throne of the land.

I loved Kristen Ashley's writing style. The characters were amazing and so realistic. As was Lunwyn. I had such a vivid mental image of what Lunwyn looked like. The story line was entertaining, and there was never a dull moment. There were some areas of the book where I felt the story was slowing down a little, but Finnie's inner monologue made up for that. She was very funny at times!

The only thing I had an issue with in this book was the ending. No, there's no huge cliffhanger. I felt like it didn't end. I was left with a tonne of questions. It needed an epilogue, or perhaps that was the point!?!?!


My Rating

 

Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide