social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

 


Synopsis

A shocking, heartbreaking story of taboo romance that’s as compelling as it is controversial.

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As de facto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: A love this devastating has no happy ending.





My Thoughts


So I have just finished Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, and I am currently speechless! This book was good! I mean, REALLY GOOD. Yes it's a story about incest, consensual incest in fact, and it's not a subject that a lot of people are going to enjoy reading about. But, I really loved it!


Tabitha Suzuma's writing style is so descriptive that you can't help but feel that you know her characters personally. And I did, I felt like I knew them. Lochan and Maya's connection to each other was tangible. As bad as their home situation was, and as much as I knew what they were doing was wrong, I was secretly rooting for them. 

The story was so well written that you couldn't help but absorb every word, every little detail. Although, with the chance that I am contradicting myself, I found the first 40% a little slow while reading it. Looking back now that I have finished, I realize that the first part of the book was crucial in painting the picture of Lochan and Maya's home life. We learn how their feelings towards each other grow and develop. But, I just couldn't wait to get to the good stuff! ;)

If you are looking for something powerful and emotionally moving to read, and can look past the taboo topic of incest, I strongly recommend giving Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma a read.



My Rating



Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide