social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland #2) by Kristen Ashley




Synopsis

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen.

Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk and with one look at Circe, he knows she will be his bride and together they will start The Golden Dynasty of legend.

Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she’s from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.


My Thoughts


WOW! This book was AMAZING! I could never imagine waking up in a corral filled with strange women, only to discover that I was in a different world and about to be 'Hunted' and 'Claimed' as a warrior's wife. But, that's exactly what happened to Circe.

She was lucky enough that the warrior who's eye she caught was the Dax, or King. Dax Lahn is the king of Korwahk. He is the mightiest of all the warriors. Tall, strong and muscles you would die for. And as Circe comes to realize, he also has a sweet and caring side.

I loved being transported into this alternate universe, as I did with Wildest Dreams, but more. The Golden Dynasty had more. More hot warrior men, more brutality, more angst and more emotion. I gasped, smiled, laughed, cried and smiled some more. 

I absolutely loved every second of my journey through this book. The characters were amazing, and even with the language and cultural differences, easy to connect and relate to. The Land of Korwahk was realistic and I felt like I was there too. Although, as with Wildest Dreams, I found it to end rather abruptly. Thinking back though, maybe this isn't the case. Perhaps I just didn't want it to end!


My Rating



Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide