social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

MOO-VELLOUS AUTHORS: Evie Rose

This week's Moo-vellous Author is a fellow Aussie! Her debut novel, Deception, was released on January 2nd, and I loved it! So, without further ado, here is my interview with the wonderful Evie Rose!



Author Interview


Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Sure.  I live in Queensland, Australia with my husband and son. I used to work as a hairdresser and then in childcare, however, now I’m lucky enough to be a stay at home mum and have lots of time to write. I have an obsession with reading inspirational quotes and love running. They both make me feel as though I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I hate to cook, I’m terrible at it!

What were your favourite books as a child, and have they influenced the way you write today?
I read a wide range of books. My favourites from when I was younger would definitely be - I capture the castle by Dodie Smith, Jessica by Bryce Courtney, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, and I loved anything by James Patterson. If we are talking really young then I cherished my copy of The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton. I guess you could say it was where my fascination with all books paranormal came from!

What is a typical writing day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you follow a regular routine?

I write while my little boy is at school and for a few hours in the night. I find I write best when I use pen and paper and then transfer onto the computer later. It takes twice as long but the words seem to flow out of my mind easier when I write them by hand.

Do you set a daily writing goal? 

At the moment no. Once I set a deadline for the next book though I’m sure I will panic if I don’t write a certain amount per day.

What motivates you to write?

My love of reading. Whenever I read a story I always think of alternate plot lines in my head and think ‘wouldn’t it be cool if this happened?’ I figured if I could write myself I could make a story go wherever I want.

What is the hardest part of writing for you? 

Editing, I’m awful with grammar. Also transition scenes, when I know a big scene is coming up and writing everything to get to that scene when all I want to do is get to the good stuff.

Have you ever suffered from writer’s block? If so, how did you overcome it?

I usually step back a day or so and clear my head and then I write down rough points of what I want to happen and expand on it from there.

How did you come up with your book title(s) and/or series names?

With great difficulty! Unfortunately, I’m terrible at thinking up names for books and characters. Sometimes my wonderful beta readers help me think of character names. Deception sort of stuck in my head because that’s what Roxi was doing, deceiving the people she loved that her life was perfect; so I rolled with that.

Do you have favourite character from your own book(s) and why?

Jake. I can’t wait to write his story. He has no horrible back story that has caused him to be single for so long; he just likes the thrill of the chase. He gets bored easily but Amanda certainly keeps him on his toes! I love that he does what’s right for him, with no apologies, yet he still is careful not to hurt others feelings while doing so. I love being inside his head, it’s a lot of fun.

Can you describe your writing style in 25 words or less?

I like to write as though I am the character, like I’m in their heads, instead of writing about them.

If you were to write an autobiography, what would its title be?

Evie Rose – This is me. Like I said, I’m hopeless at book titles!

What are your current favourite books and authors?

My favourite authors are Nyrae Dawn, Allie Brennan and Jolene Perry. I LOVE their writing styles. Their stories always flow effortlessly and are a joy to read. I adore Kimi Flores. I have a special spot in my heart for Caleb from her book It All Started With A Lima Bean. My most current favourite read would be a beta read I did for Broken Pieces by Riley Hart. Hot, emotional and massive WOW factor.

Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

I love to run, go to the beach and read. Not very exciting but enjoying the simple things keeps me happy.

Quick Questions: 

E-book or print?

Print

Favourite colour?

Blue

Favourite season?

Spring

Favourite holiday?

Christmas

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke

Tea or coffee? 

Coffee

Dogs or cats? 

Dogs

Vampire/Werewolf/Zombie? 

Vampire

Author Information





Book Links




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide