social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Running in Place (Mending Hearts #2) by L.B. Simmons



Synopsis

 ****NA Contemporary Romance, can be read as a STAND ALONE. Due to theme of Child Abuse, Explicit Language, Mild Violence, and Sexual Situations - Recommend Readers 18+ ******


Tatum O’Connell:

Some call me a party girl. People see me as happy, full of life, with absolutely no cares in the world. They see what I want them to see. But no one knows me - really knows me. Not even Noah Reese. Mr. Perfect is always watching me, most likely judging every single imperfect thing I do. But, if Noah wants to keep an eye on me, that’s just fine. I definitely don’t mind. I just hope he doesn’t have any plans to save me from my new-found life of self-destruction because in order to save me, he will have to see me…
And I’m never going to let that happen.

Noah Reese:

Perfect. That’s me. That’s the only acceptable way to be, according to my father. Perfect grades. Perfect manners. Perfect athlete. Perfect SAT scores. Perfect college. And recently, I was accepted into the perfect med school. My future has already been mapped out for me and there’s nothing that can change that. Not even Tatum O’Connell. That girl is out of control, yet for some reason, I can’t seem to keep my distance from her. I watch her closely, hoping that one day she’ll let me in, but watching her lead her life down the dangerous path she’s on right now isn’t easy…
I have a feeling I’m about to find myself swept away by the hurricane that is Tatum O’Connell.




My Thoughts

Don't you just hate when life gets in the way of your reading? That happened to me while I was reading Running in Place. Sick kids and lack of sleep meant a lot of stop/start reading sessions. Usually when this happens I find it hard to "get into" the book, but it didn't happen to me this time.

The story was engaging, and not once did I have to find the flow again when I would pick it back up. Everything I was feeling or thinking was there when I'd continue again. You've gotta love that!

I loved the characters in Running in Place. We have been introduced to most of them before, so for me, the connection to the characters was already established. Although, as this book is Tatum and Noah's story, we obviously get a deeper insight into them. 

And I loved Tatum and Noah's story! It was one of two people with tortured and broken pasts finding each other. They learn to let somebody in to their lives. And as they grow was young adults, they learn to follow their dreams and live the life that they want for themselves.

I found it to be an emotional story. I spent the last 15% of the book in tears! Both sad and happy ones. 

I look forward to reading more from L.B Simmons in the future. I certainly hope that Harlow gets her own book! ;)


My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide