social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

MOO-VELLOUS AUTHORS: Pepper Winters


Today's moo-vellous author is Pepper Winters! Pepper is the author of the Monsters in the Dark series, consisting of Tears of Tess, Quintessentially Q and the future release Twisted Together. Tears of Tess is also in the anthology Make Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire. Pepper's next novel, Destroyed, is due for publication on February 24th, 2014.

Author interview


Can you tell us a bit about yourself? 

I’m 28, married to an amazing Canadian and live to read and write. I wouldn’t feel whole without my man book boyfriends and all the damaged alpha heroes in my head.

What were your favourite books as a child, and have they influenced the way you write today? 

Favourite books as a child were probably a Nancy Drew or something mystery wise. I also read a lot of Danielle Steel when I was little (don’t tell my mum!) lol

What is a typical writing day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you follow a regular routine? 

At the moment it’s crazy hectic. 14 hour days, writing, editing, implementing beta readers notes. However, that’s not how I want to write. I normally write for about 8 hours and then do some marketing and hang out on facebook. I love interacting with other readers and authors.

Do you set a daily writing goal?

Not really, however I feel like I had a good day if I hit an average of 10,000 a day.

What motivates you to write?

The characters in my head, my readers, and the joy at writing The End. The rush of completing a book based in an entirely new world is awesome and something I’ll never get tired of.

What is the hardest part of writing for you?

Probably wasting a lot of words. For example, writing Destroyed it took a long time to get to know the characters and I’ve deleted 60,000 words and rewritten the book three times. It’s so hard to delete a lot of work, but it makes the book stronger. I wish I didn’t have to waste so much word count though.

Have you ever suffered from writer’s block? If so, how did you overcome it?

Yes, I just keep writing and writing. It’s probably why I end up deleting a lot as I keep flowing until an idea really grabs me and sometimes it can change the entire plotline of the story.

How did you come up with your book title(s) and/or series names?

They sort of come to me without much thinking. Tears of Tess came from the cover and the fact that the characters name was Tess. Destroyed came to me as it’s a sad, tortured book where I destroy my hero and heroine in order to build them back up again. It fit.

Do you have favourite character from your own book(s) and why?

Yes, Q would be my favourite. However, Roan Fox from Destroyed is a very very close second.

Can you describe your writing style in 25 words or less?

Lyrical, descriptive. I love to paint a picture rather than tell you in words.

If you were to write an autobiography, what would it’s title be?

Um… Pepper’s Love affair with her laptop LOL. I’m never without it. My poor hubby is neglected.

What are your current favourite books and authors?

I’m re-reading The Outlander series currently to be prepared for the series coming soon, but I love reading Indie authors and erotic romance.

Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

Yes, I love to run—it helps keep my mind straight and I love to travel. Hubby and I would be nomads if we could. Being able to travel with my writing and go to signings is a dream come true.

Quick Questions:

E-book or print?

Ebook for most books. Print for the books I fall madly in love with.

Favourite colour?

Purple and black (I cheated)

Favourite season?

Summer (endless heat. I HATE the cold)

Favourite holiday?

Don’t really have one. We don’t really celebrate holidays (we have no children so Christmas isn’t huge for us and we don’t buy into Valentines Day lol. We’re pretty lax about it to be honest)

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke Zero

Tea or coffee?

Neither. Bleh. lol

Dogs or cats?

Rabbits

Vampire/Werewolf/Zombie?

Vampire

Author Information


Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex. 
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. 

Book Links



Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1):






Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2):






Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3):






Destroyed:




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide