social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2) by Amelia Hutchins


Synopsis


I thought things were bad and weird before—hold on—it’s getting worse.

Adam and I are both going through identity crises of epic proportions as we Transition from who we were, and discover who we were meant to be. More Fae are dying, and I feel as if time is running out for us to find all of those responsible and put an end to the killings.

The people I thought I could trust have betrayed me and the one person I should absolutely not trust; is taking me deeper and deeper into his world.

Ryder’s secrets are dangerous and devastating.

With each touch and word, he pulls my heart closer to himself and at the same time he is trying to keep me at arm’s length. The dance he and I have begun, is getting more complicated as our worlds are being shaken from all sides, and the visions of the future are frightening, and nothing like I had ever pictured for myself or those I care for.

This time, destiny is taunting me.

I had always thought that I controlled my destiny. Now, my rights are being taken from me by powerful people and leaving me with alternatives that range between bad and awful.

This time, the choices I have to make can decide the fate of both worlds.

Everything is unraveling, and nothing will ever be the same again.




My Thoughts


I loved continuing Syn and Ryder's story. In all honesty, I actually enjoyed this installment a little more than the first. I think it's because the characters and the world around them has already been set up, and this book just jumps straight in to the story. 

Being the second book of The Fae Chronicles series, Taunting Destiny begins from where Fighting Destiny ended. It is an immediate continuation from the first book, and I found myself to be more emotionally invested in the story this time.

I loved being witness to Synthia becoming what she was meant to be, and I enjoyed seeing her character evolve throughout this book. She really is one tough young woman. 

I also enjoyed the slight change in Ryder's character throughout Taunting Destiny. We get to see him fall deeper for Syn (although he will never admit it) and we discover what lengths he really will go to to protect her.

I don't want to give anything away, although I'm sure that most of you out there have already read this series, but I will say that the ending of this book left me gasping! I am diving straight in to the third book!

My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Blog Archive

BROWSE THROUGH PAST BLOG POSTS


Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide