social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: To Fall For You by R.J. Groves


Synopsis

When Emma is shocked to the core by a surprise break-up, the sudden arrival of the 'new girl at school' sends her into a frenzy and pushes her down a journey of heartbreak and betrayal. Will Emma be able to overcome life's hurdles and learn to love again?

After spending her life moving around and facing troubles of her own, Renée is glad to be in her last year of school. That is, until she meets Emma. Will Renée be able to find acceptance and friendship in her new town?


 
Purchase @ AMAZON

My Thoughts

I first heard about this book from a friend on Facebook. Learning that the author lives in my home town and was releasing her first book, I immediately pre ordered it!

I began reading not really knowing what I was getting myself in to. I was a little put off by the dual point of view at first, but I kept reading as the story grabbed me right from the beginning. Before I knew it, I was over half way through!

I soon settled in to the flow of the dual POV and flashbacks, and found myself constantly wanting more.

I actually really enjoyed To Fall For You by R.J. Groves. The characters were easy to relate to and connect with. There seemed to be always something going on - whether it was the current teenage drama, or flashbacks with Emma's memories - there never seemed to be a dull moment, and it never felt like it was too much.

Overall, To Fall For You was a fantastic debut novel. R.J. Groves shows great potential as an author, and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future!

My Rating




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide