social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Firefly Hollow (Firefly Hollow #1) by T.L. Haddix


Synopsis

In 1960, a tragic death in the family calls young Sarah Browning back from college to her Appalachian homestead. Unable to return to school and finish her degree, she finds herself facing a future that isn’t what she’d planned. Lost and grieving, she wanders onto her reclusive neighbor’s property where she stumbles across the all-too-attractive Owen Campbell, a man hiding secrets she’d only ever thought were legend.

Owen Campbell was raised on the folklore of Eastern Kentucky, tales of men and women with magical abilities from shape-shifting to healing powers. Rejected by those he loves because of his own abilities, he isolates himself from the world. When he meets Sarah, he’s faced with the tough decision of whether to let her in or stay hidden away to keep his heart safe. 



Purchase @ Amazon

★★★ FREE at time of posting ★★★

My Thoughts

Firefly Hollow by T.L. Haddix was recommended to me by my friend over at HaloAngel Reads. This friend is actually my best friend in the whole wide world. And while we love a lot of the same books, our tastes are also quite varied. I know she LOVES her paranormal books, and while I do enjoy a good paranormal read myself, I haven't read anywhere near as many books in the genre as she has. It has been quite a while since she has gone on about a book to me and told me that "I absolutely must read it!"

And so, I looked in to the book and  purchased the first three books in the series. I jumped in to Firefly Hollow immediately and I don't regret it at all!

I won't retell the story, and the synopsis gives you the gist of what it's about, so on to what I thought...

It has been a while since I  have read a paranormal book, and I wasn't really sure what to expect from this one. I was actually very pleasantly surprised with Firefly Hollow. It definitely has a more romantic feel than a paranormal, but the paranormal elements are definitely there ;)

The story was captivating. I was hooked from the very beginning and only put the book down when it was absolutely necessary. Firefly Hollow is the first book in a long time that I totally devoured.

The characters were believable and easy to relate to. I connected with them easily, and I felt every emotion each one of them went through. And believe me, Firefly Hollow has a lot of feels in it! I felt like I was part of their world and I was right there with them. There's nothing better than when a story drags you right in to it like that! I will definitely be continuing this series!

If you are looking for a book that has a very sweet love story at it's heart, and don't mind a touch of paranormal thrown in the mix, I strongly recommend giving Firefly Hollow by T.L. Haddix a read. As I mentioned above, it's currently FREE on Amazon. You cant beat a fantastic read for that price!

My Rating


Author Information


T. L. Haddix is the author of several series, including the Shadows Collection (Romantic Suspense), Firefly Hollow (Romance with light, folklore-paranormal elements, set in Appalachia), Sunset Motel (Erotic Romance, writing as Mallory Love), and the I. Ronik series (parodies, written as I. Ronik). She’s a self-described eccentric, somewhat reclusive stick in the mud who lives in Eastern Kentucky in a log cabin with her husband and their cat-children. Her hobbies include gardening, cooking, canning, sewing, and being short, and if she gets brave, she’ll soon add chicken-owner to the list.
 
She writes books about characters who are flawed but who somehow still manage to overcome the challenges thrown in their paths and reach for happiness with their soul mates. And while she can’t tell a joke in the real world to save her life, she tries to inject her characters’ lives with quirky, unintentional humor that surprises readers at just the right moment.

You can contact her through her WEBSITE which contains links to all her books and a very boring blog.

Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Blog Archive

BROWSE THROUGH PAST BLOG POSTS


Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide