social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Finding Us (Nucci Securities #1) by Debra Presley

Synopsis

Pop star Abby Murphy is living every girl’s dream. She has fame, fortune, and a handsome boyfriend, a guitar player named Sean. That changes the night she finds him in the arms of another woman. Hurt and betrayed, Abby ends their relationship. But Sean won't accept the breakup, and she soon learns that he’s had a hidden agenda all along. Overnight, Sean transforms from loving boyfriend to dangerous adversary, and Abby no longer knows who she can trust among her friends and family.

Abby turns to her bodyguard, Danny Nucci, a man who will do everything in his power to keep her safe. But when Abby realizes her feelings for Danny run much deeper than she thought, she refuses to give in to her attraction in order to preserve her new found independence as well as protect Danny from Sean's machinations.

When Abby finally finds the strength to reclaim her life and acknowledge her growing love for Danny, will she be able to let him in? And will Danny be able to overcome his own demons to be the man she needs him to be? Or will she be forced to let him go forever?



Purchase @ Amazon

My Thoughts

Abby Murphy is a pop star. Being managed by her mother Vivien, and having her boyfriend Sean as the guitar player in her band, she is beginning to feel that her career is not her own. After catching Sean with another woman, and discovering that her mother isn't looking after her best interests, Abby decides to finally put her foot down.

Breaking free from the clutches of Vivien and Sean wasn't as easy as Abby thought it would be. Sean's personality changes, and he becomes aggressive towards Abby. If that's not bad enough, Abby also discovers that her mother isn't the person that she thought she was.

With very few people left that she can trust, Abby begins to rely more heavily on her bodyguard Danny. When situations escalate and Danny takes Abby away to recuperate, Abby if forced to finally admit how she feels about him. 

I thoroughly enjoyed Debra Presley's debut novel. The characters and situations were believable, and I found myself wanting to read at every opportunity I had. I couldn't get enough of Abby and Danny. Their attraction towards each other was tangible and I found myself lost in their world. 

The supporting characters were also great. There were ones that I loved - Sophie and Connor - and ones that I hated - the obvious being Sean and Vivien. All the guys of Nucci Security that we get glimpses of are intriguing. I can't wait for Debra to expand this series so we get more of their stories.

Overall, I thought this was a great debut novel, and I definitely recommend that you give this a read if you haven't already!


My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Blog Archive

BROWSE THROUGH PAST BLOG POSTS


Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide