social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Saving Grace (Mad World #2) by Christine Zolendz



Synopsis

After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out…



My Thoughts


Saving Grace picks up immediately where Fall From Grace ended, continuing on from that massively annoying cliffhanger! The paranormal twist was explained more in depth, which in turn made some things more clear.

There were numerous twists and turns throughout this sequel, and it was a fantastic attention keeper.

I do however have some seriously mixed emotions after finishing this book. It wasn't that I didn't like or enjoy the book, because I did, but I definitely enjoyed Fall From Grace A LOT more.

I think my main beef with this sequel is Grace... I began to dislike her, and I'm going to try to explain...

In my opinion, Grace didn't come across as the same person she was in the first book. She came across as a sex crazed lunatic! There was an absolute ton of inner monologue happening, and for me, it took away my vision of Grace that I had developed after reading Fall From Grace.

With that said, I did thoroughly enjoy the smart mouthed banter that continually bounced back and forth between Grace and Shane. I loved how Shane became protective of her but still kept his bad boy edge and personality, and I loved how Grace wasn't afraid to stand up for herself or what she believed in.

Although I didn't quite like this book as much as the first, the series as a whole is fantastic. If you haven't read them for yourself yet, I highly recommend that you do!


My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide