social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner #1) by Denise Grover Swank


Synopsis

For Rose Gardner, working at the DMV on a Friday afternoon is bad even before she sees a vision of herself dead. She’s had plenty of visions, usually boring ones like someone’s toilet’s overflowed, but she’s never seen one of herself before. When her overbearing momma winds up murdered on her sofa instead, two things are certain: There isn't enough hydrogen peroxide in the state of Arkansas to get that stain out, and Rose is the prime suspect.

Rose realizes she’s wasted twenty-four years of living and makes a list on the back of a Wal-Mart receipt: twenty-eight things she wants to accomplish before her vision comes true. She’s well on her way with the help of her next door neighbor Joe, who has no trouble teaching Rose the rules of drinking, but won’t help with number fifteen-- do more with a man. Joe’s new to town, but it doesn’t take a vision for Rose to realize he’s got plenty secrets of his own.

Somebody thinks Rose has something they want and they’ll do anything to get it. Her house is broken into, someone else she knows is murdered, and suddenly, dying a virgin in the Fenton County jail isn’t her biggest worry after all.



My Thoughts

I have had this book sitting on my Kindle for EVER! I have also purchased the other books in the Rose Gardner series that have come after this one, but I have never gotten around to reading them. While scrolling through my books looking for something to read, I stopped at Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes and thought "I'm just going to read a little bit and see what it's like". Before I knew it, I was 57% through!

I totally devoured this story! I adored Rose, and enjoyed seeing her character grow throughout the book. She started out very timid, but it's understandable with the mother she had! 

Joe was a mystery the whole way through. He was lovable, but you always knew that there was more to his character than what we were given.

The story itself kept me riveted. Just when I thought I had something figured out, something else would happen to completely wreck my train of thought. It was an entertaining story, and even though it was a mystery, I had a "happy" feeling the whole time I was reading it.

I can't wait to continue this story to see what lies ahead for Rose Gardner.

My Rating


Purchase Link

Click HERE to purchase Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes @ Amazon

(** FREE  at time of posting **)

Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide