social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Fear Me (Broken Love #1) by B.B. Reid


Synopsis

I don't believe in Fairy-tales and Prince Charming.

I believe in fear.

He taught me how to be afraid.

We first met on a playground during a wonderful summer day. It was the first time he hurt me and it wasn't the last. For ten years he's been my tormentor and I've been his forbidden. But then he went away and yet I was still afraid.

Now he's back and wants more than just my tears. You see...he thinks I sent him away so now he wants revenge...and he knows just how to get it.

PLEASE READ THE WARNINGS. This book is a new adult and contains rough elements such as harsh language, mild violence, strong sexual content, alpha male, antihero, blackmail, and dubious consent. Readers should be 18+. This book contains a CLIFFHANGER and is not a standalone.



Purchase @ Amazon
(99c at time of posting)


My Thoughts

What the heck did I just read?!?!?!

I don't mean that in a bad way, but I have literally JUST finished reading Fear Me, and I am almost at a loss for words! I am torn with my emotions about how I feel about this book! Torn between loving and hating it, the fact that I loved to hate it and that I hated that I loved it. And in all honesty, I actually hate myself a little right at this moment - because I did totally LOVE this story, but in my mind, I feel that I should have hated it. But I didn't!

Fear Me was a first for me. It was the first "bully" book that I have read, and I'm a little disgusted with myself that I had the reaction that I did when reading it. I really did enjoy it. But that's the thing with fiction - you can indulge in secret fantasies, and in my case, discover new ones.

I won't expand on the plot, as I feel it will too easy for me to give the story away. I went in with only reading the blurb, and I think that's the best way - if you haven't read this yet, go in knowing as little as possible.

I will say this though: 

The story was intriguing. It kept me glued to it and constantly wanting, no CRAVING, to know more. It was full of twists and turns and for me, was truly UNPREDICTABLE! The sex scenes were EXTREMELY hot! Some of the best that I have read in a long while. The characters and supporting characters were just fantastic, and each had their own role in the story. 

I absolutely LOVED Fear Me, and yes it ends on a cliffhanger. But, I have purchased Fear You, book 2 in the Broken Love series, and I plan on jumping straight into it!


My Rating


 

Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide